Workplace safety is the responsibility of everyone in an organisation. Companies have legal obligations to meet certain safety requirements, but many go further than the minimum obligations. Safety standards and procedures must be put in place, and everyone needs to follow the standards in order for them to be effective.
Our Safety In The Workplace course will be instrumental in reviewing common hazards, safety techniques and after completion, your participants will have the tools to help them create a Safety policy for your work place. By identifying and anticipating hazards, employers can prevent injuries and keep employees safe.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning that the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for the course. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define workplace safety.
- Understand legal responsibilities associated with a safe work environment.
- Create a safety plan and identify hazards.
- Recognise the role of management.
- Develop training procedures.
- Learn how to implement a safety plan.
|Module One: Getting Started|
- Housekeeping Items
- The Parking Lot
- Workshop Objectives
Module Two: An Overview
- Work Safety and Health Legislations
- Roles & Duties
- Safety Planning
Module Three: Types of Hazards
- Computer Workstations
- Fire Prevention
- Fitness & Wellness
- Heat Stress
Module Four: Managers Role
- Promoting & Enforcing Safety Standards
- Element of a Health and Safety Program
- Corporate Culture
Module Five: Training
- Reasons for Training
- On the Job Training
- Safety Meetings
- Planning and Conducting a Training Session
Module Six: Stress Management
- Relaxation Techniques
- Using Routines to Reduce Stress
|Module Seven: Workplace Violence|
- What is Workplace Violence?
- Implementing a Workplace Harassment Policy
Module Eight: Identifying Your Company Hazards
- Conducting an Inspection
- Prioritizing Deficiencies
- Report & Following Up
Module Nine: Drug & Alcohol Abuse
- For Employees
- For Managers or Supervisors
- When to Address
- Implementing a “No Tolerance” Rule
Module Ten: Writing the Safety Plan
- Management Involvement
- Employee Involvement
- Follow Through with Accident Investigations
- Training of Employees
Module Eleven: Implement the Plan
- Selecting an Employee Representative
- Identifying Roles
- Assigning Responsibility
- Follow Through
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations